Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

That Time Of Year

What time of year is it? Well it's that time of year of course. The time of year that we settle down and turn inward. We seem to be more home bound and doing little projects indoors.

As with many others I know, we too have had a little sickness. A few weeks ago a cold swept through the house. The lingering effects were a nagging, hacking cough that seemed like it took forever to get rid of. Just this past week my smallest monkey thought it was wise to go outside without a coat. So by Friday she deloped a cough. By Saturday night it sounded like the croup had set in. Monday we went to the doctors because I suspected Pneumonia. Thank God I was off the mark! She is just heavily congested and on the mend. When one of the family is feeling under the weather it reminds me that it is more important during the colder season to stay close to home. We do not want to share germs ;)

I have been doing several little projects. Currently I have been sewing a slip cover for the couch. The couch has been well loved ;) We have been doing several small deep cleaning projects. I try to keep some sort of hand project going too. As of right know I have a dishcloth on my knitting needles.

During the colder months I try to research and to learn new things. Currently I am researching sour dough. I have even started a sour dough starter. I am really excited to make something! I might do pancakes tonight for dinner. I have also been learning about gluten free vs. using sour dough. I have noticed that several of us have some issues related to gluten. Add that on top of my youngest being allergic to wheat, I believe that I may put the family on a gluten free diet to see who is gluten intolerant. So I feel I need to research this a little more before I jump in with both feet.

Is there things that you like to do during this time of year?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment