Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Making Vs. Buying

 This post is linked to Simple Lives Thursdays at GNOWFGLINS.


I have been trying to make the things that we need instead of buying them. Some things that I make are needs and some things are wants. The couch slip cover was a real need. Our couch has been well loved through four children and our animals too ;) Other needs are toothpaste, deodorant, laundry soap, and even washable night time pull ups (an upcoming post). Making what we need really helps with the budget.


Sometimes I may want something that is not in the budget or it may be something that can be made easily. I have been wanting some produce bags like my mom had when we lived in Germany when I was young. I have tried a knit pattern and lets just say that project is still on my needles. LOL! Then last week I came across this pattern for a crotchet version of a produce bag. I was so very excited! So I set to work and in no time flat I was able to whip these little gems together.



Actually I made six bags. Two in each color above. (I am sorry about the pictures being so dark.) I love them. They are  smaller than I expected. It could be the way I crochet. I think I am going to play around to make some a little bigger. However they are the perfect size for picking up a few items. I would say they would hold about six apples, give or take a few.

I am really happy with them. I plan on making more for gifts. Maybe I'll also make some and have them available to sell at the farmers market too. I really love making things that save us money. It makes me feel so helpful. Comment below and let me know what you make for your family.

Blessings,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment